Foster Experiential Learning
Our collections are an irreplaceable resource for understanding how innovation happens and shapes society. Today, individuals and organizations globally are accessing the Archive of American Innovation and experiencing our content in an ever-expanding
range of ways. We are opening the door to our collections with more people in more ways than ever before and bringing exciting new content to our on-site destination in Metro Detroit as well as our online destination everywhere.
Through The Innovation Project, we are looking to foster experiential learning in six connected areas of innovation: design and making, mobility, agriculture and the environment, power and energy, information and communication, and social transformation.
These six areas inform our collecting philosophy and our investments in significant artifacts, in the new and updated exhibitions and in connected learning platforms we are developing across The Henry Ford campus.
We are seeking $47 million through current and endowed support to grow and sustain programs and initiatives to foster experiential learning, such as:
- New and future exhibitions in Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation
- Driven to Win: Racing in America (complete)
- Heroes of the Sky aviation exhibition experience enhancements (complete)
- Future exhibits within the six connected areas of innovation
- Connected learning platforms in Greenfield Village and across The Henry Ford campus
- Detroit Central Farmers Market
- Davidson-Gerson Gallery of Glass and Davidson-Gerson Modern Glass Gallery (complete)
- The Health and Wellness Center in Lovett Hall
- Future Learning Platforms
Your support will play a significant role in realizing our vision of fueling the spirit of American innovation, invention and entrepreneurship and building a can-do culture. To learn how you can support our new experiential learning initiatives,